Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Specialist – Shikshya Project (Readvertisement) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?] With direct supervision of regional Manager-East RO, this position is responsible to oversee and ensure a high-quality project delivery/ implementation of Promoting gender equality through education (Shikshya) project in Dhanusha and achieve the project targets set. Though S/he has to manage overall project cycle management, s/he has to support Project Manager of this project from Plan International Japan National Office, based in Nepal. The key role of this position is planning, budgeting, capacity building, documentation, reporting, quality assurance and partnership management. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance; and timely and high-quality reporting. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to manage overall performance of partner under Learn program at district level. The position will represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s; including government at municipal and district level, other stakeholders and likeminded organization. This position holder requires to ensure compliances of organization and donor including improve school facilities, build the capacities of teachers, to prepare/update comprehensive school safety Action Plan along with integrating it in school improvement plan (SIP), promote community-led initiatives for education, and influence education policy to consider gender-responsive and inclusive education in school. S/he shall also be mobilized for emergency response, as per the organizational need. The position will also work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager, and MERL Specialist to enhance the capacity and skill of partner NGO on the sector of data management, capture the evidences and reporting.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the post holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- Master’s Degree in Education or Social Sciences or relevant sector with 4-5 years of experience in education project/grant management having construction-based project management experience.
- Preference will be given for candidate having relevant experience in Madesh province.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National Education program, projects and policies.
- Experience in project implementation, partnership management, government engagement, designing / managing of integrated Projects.
- Proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains.
- Work experience on local level partnership/coordination.
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families.
- Up to date on various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts through good written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of integrated Project.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system and their impact in education sector.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s
rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young
people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by
a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for g Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Friday 18th Aug, 2023