Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Resource Mobilization Manager . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Resource Mobilisation Manager (RMM) will faciltilate programme design and development process to produce qualitative and competitive concepts/proposals to contribute in Plan International Nepal’s ambition to help 1 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive to eliminate child, early and forced marriage in Nepal. The RMM will be responsible to meet the target of €54.7m grant income for Nepal, as per the Country Strategy (CS) 2018-2022, by connecting the aspirations of our donors to our ambitions for children and girls, to maximise our impact.
The RMM will identify new opportunities in the market to expand Plan International’s range of partnerships and institutional donor funding for humanitarian and long-term development programmes in line with Resource Mobilisation plans
The RMM is a member of the Business Development Team and is responsible for prospecting, networking, and identifying new opportunities for funding from the bilateral, multilateral and other institutional donors to maximize new business for Plan International Nepal.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in relevant field with 3-4 years of proven experience preferred or Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant sector with 4-5 years of demonstrated experience working in a senior position leading.
- Proven track record of success in new business development for national or international NGO or comparable experience in the private sector
- Prior experience in the design, delivery, or management of programmes in ECCD, education, agency, youth economic empowerment, child protection, gender, inclusion, humanitarian response, water and sanitation, or hygiene, disaster risk management and resilience; in Nepal or in a country with similar context
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English with ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues
- High calibre of networking, representational, and negotiation skills
- Ability to design and coordinate winning bids and consortia partnerships
- Ability to influence, facilitate processes, and work with others without direct line management authority
- Ability to synthesise and consolidate complex information succinctly and persuasively into presentable formats
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple stakeholders and competing interests
- Practical knowledge and experience in the design or management of multi-stakeholder programmes
- High degree of discretion, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Friday, 10th Feb 2023.