Asia Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management announces vacancy for Senior Admin and Finance Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Senior Admin Finance Officer will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either financial or administrative support including front desk customer service, posting the daily receipts, preparing deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying, and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, bank statements and tax payment. Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting, funding program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained. Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties, such as word processing, meeting minute taking, scanning, and photocopying. The Senior Admin Finance Office is expected to work closely with partner organizations’ accountants.
Job Duties Reception
- Lead overall management of the finance and administration department as per the approved finance policy of the organization.
- Deal with banks and financial intuitions along with different vendors of the company.
- Monitor the financial activities of Partner NGOs, and check the monthly financial report submitted by PNGOs.
- Audit accounts to make sure that payments are timely, computes interest charges and codes documents for loan officers.
- Calculate, prepare and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements.
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify, and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Prepare period or cost statements or reports for the organization.
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists.
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Check other people’s work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Calculate tax correctly and make tax payments without delay.
- File systems development and maintenance.
- Handle registration issue of A-PAD Liaison Office in Nepal.
- Take in charge of administrative procedures with the SWC and other government agencies.
- Draft and prepare the official letter relating to the admin issues.
- Support the expatriate staff in acquiring/renewal of their non-tourist visa and Work Permit.
- Supervise the Office Assistant in office supply management and inventory controls.
- Perform other duties as required.
Senior Admin Finance Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or equivalent
- More than 3-4 years’ experience in Finance/Accounts/Administration
- Fluency in written and spoken both English and Nepali.
- High standard of budget management skills. Being able to estimate the appropriateness of construction costs and control the budget.
- High standard of time management skills. Being able to prioritize his/her work and ensure that he/she can meet the deadline.
- Knowledge on taxation in Nepal.
- Familiar with the IRD’s taxpayer portal.
- Ability to interpret and implement organization’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14th of Dec 2022