Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Senior MEL Officer. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
- Assist the project team with timely and accurate data for reporting to donors.
- Assist to develop and implement project knowledge management plan, documentation, and communication plans/strategies.
- Provide technical support to the project team and partner staff to collect project learning’s and good practices.
- Support developing variety of communications and promotional materials including developing and editing success stories/case studies.
- Provide a central role of project documentation and prepare sharing documents for project stakeholders on timely manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Senior MEL Officer includes the following points primarily, but is not limited to the following:
Project Design and Planning
- Provide technical leadership to the project in developing project level M&E systems that meet donor requirements and Mercy Corps minimum standards, as well as feed into a standardized countrywide M&E system and strategy.
- Development and roll out of project M&E Frameworks, guidelines, plans or tools to guide quality M&E in the projects.
- Lead to design and conduct the base line, mid-term, end-line survey, KAP and Impact Evaluation of project
- Support team to develop work plan, budget and review result measurement framework by tracking indicator progress and work plan
- Ensure GESI sensitive monitoring and evaluation process (for e.g.: ensure disaggregated data and information is regularly collected, analyzed and updated to monitor the progress of the project implementation, by closely working with other team members including GESI.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Serve as M&E focal point for the project for external representation inside and outside country platforms. Closely work with regional and headquarters M&E team as and when required.
- Regular review of M&E plans, data collection tools, reporting template and other documents such as results metrices, reporting templates etc., as may be necessary in close coordination with relevant colleagues or partners
- Develop M&E capacity building plan for partner staff as well as other technical staff. Implement the plan through different training, mentorship, coaching, onsite support and sharing of information with partner team
- Contribute to drafting the monthly, quarterly and annual report and help technical team by providing necessary data for reporting
- Develop data collection tools, protocol and use digital data collection platform for data collection.
- Provide oversight and development of program databases, including migration of data from cloud-based aggregation platforms to internal databases.
- Design and implement quality checklist and monitoring tools for determining quality of project being delivered. Disseminate the findings from quality monitoring using dashboards for both internal and external users.
- Design and monitor survey related data collection methodology, data quality, reports and field work for regular surveys as well as during emergencies.
- Ensure routine monitoring information is systematically and regularly gathered for the reporting requirements
- Closely work with project and the partner staffs to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project deliverables
- Contribute to draft the periodic internal and/or donor reports by providing M&E data and content thus ensuring the indicator achievement are against the target as per the result framework.
- Ensure the baseline and endline survey are carried out. Develop the tools for the study in line with the indicators of the project
- Conduct frequent visit to project areas – 50% of the time away from the home base
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, girl’s education, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Application Deadline: 18th May, 2022