Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Communication Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Senior MEL and Communication Officer will play a leadership role in developing a rigorous and effective monitoring, evaluation, communication and database management system for M-RED program. They are responsible for cross-cutting programmatic M&E, data analysis and visualization, capturing and sharing the learnings for ongoing program improvements, and programmatic communication. They will play a leading role in evidence-based program documentation and management of proper data filing and record keeping as per the Mercy Corps Standards.
Key responsibilities includes the creation and testing of measurement tools for both quantitative and qualitative monitoring, as well as design of discrete assessment measurements, capacity building of the partner’s M&E team and maintaining and strengthening collaboration between M&E, program staff, and management to ensure that high quality and timely reports are generated and program decisions are made based on evidence established through M&E ensuring the MEL minimum standards set by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps Nepal utilizes mobile data collection through a tablet-based application, and this position will lead on mobile form authoring and testing on ground. Additionally, the position requires management and analysis of cloud-based datasets for timely, and often real-time, visualization and utilization. They will be involved in coordination with tech partners, as well as rolling out internal approaches to utilization of tech solutions.
As gender and social inclusion (GESI) and governance is cross-cutting components of all Mercy Corps program(s), Senior MEL Officer is required to own these components and ensure GESI sensitivity and integration, and governance practices are integrated into the work area.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/ Economics/ Environment/Disaster Risk Management/ Development Studies/Social Works/Communication/Sociology/Finance, or relevant topics.
- At least 3 years of MEL or relevant research experience for I/NGOs and development agencies.
- Proven ability to design both qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and provide relevant analysis and to build staff capacity in those areas.
- Experience in data aggregation from multiple data sources and platforms to produce a consolidated database and to provide statistical and qualitative analysis to create useful summary data for program analysis. The ability to use power bi software is preferred.
- Confidence with new software packages, open-source platforms, web design, and/ or XLS Form syntax for survey authoring. The ability to use COMM care software platform is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project villages, often in remote locations as well as the Central office in Kathmandu or if required outside the country. Strong curiosity for understanding and working effectively within the complex cultural, political, security, and social environment of Nepal.
- Knowledge and skills of participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Representational skills and proven ability to coordinate with and influence others.
- Sound analytical capacity, documentation, and communication skills to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative. Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work cooperatively with team members.
- Effective writing and organizational skills for report development, complete analyses and develop presentations.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs.
- Sound judgment skill within agreed processes using a good understanding of the operating environment, project team and partners.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, girl’s education, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Application Deadline: Thursday 26th Oct, 2023