UNICEF announces vacancy for Social Protection Coordinator/Mobilizer. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Social development, Sociology, Economics or any other disciplines.
- Additional training in Result Based Planning, Monitoring, or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) as an asset.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national/Local government, NGOs or private sector. Field work experience specifically social mobilization in local government preferably in Province No. 2.
- Good technical knowledge on the theories, principles and methods in the communication for behavior change,
- Social mobilization skills,
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for education, social protection,
- Knowledge on information management and data analysis,
- General knowledge on social security allowance distribution mechanism and process,
- General knowledge on Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change adaptation,
- Good knowledge on governance mechanism in the current federal structure context,
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF/ Govt’s position and approaches,
- UNICEF financial, supply and administrative rules and regulations.
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing in English and Nepali. Language skill in Maithili/Bhojpuri is an asset.
- Good computer skill in Excel, Words, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Has two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike is an asset,
- Candidates from the concern palika and district of Province 2 will be preferred.
- Female, from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 7th Mar, 2021