Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Sr. Technical Advisor for Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, sociology, ethnology, anthropology, education or other relevant degree in social science with 4-5 years of experience in GESI and Adolescent Reproductive Health/Family Planning (ASRH)
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, development studies, social science, or relevant field with 2-3 years of experience in managing and leading gender related programmes will be preferred
- Work experience in effective development and execution of gender-specific trainings and other capacity development endeavors
- Work experience on USAID projects is strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge on gender and development issues along with hands-on experience of mainstreaming gender issues
- Skilled in conducting gender analysis, assessments and developing gender sensitive methodologies for programme and related evaluations
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills with ability to multitask and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent command and proficiency in spoken and written English and Nepali languages
- In-depth understanding of the international human rights framework for development, key development issues, approaches and tools
- Proven knowledge of latest debates, issues, research and practice in Gender & Child Rights programs and programme implementation in a range of contexts – local, national and regional
- Up-to-date and various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies
- Knowledge of the Nepal Government Policies, Program Priorities and Ministry of women, children and social welfare
Skills & Ability
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent English and Nepali oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a global organization that works side by side with communities in 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities and range from healthcare programs, education programs, economic empowerment, child protection initiatives and youth civic engagement.
Application Deadline : 5th October 2020