Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Advisor- Skill and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
NOTE: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from FEMALE CANDIDATES ONLY with priority from minority and youth groups for this position.
The SOYEE- Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for the overall project planning, implementation and partnership management of the “Promoting Young Women in the Employment in Tourism Sector Project” based in Pokhara,, with specific emphasis on targeting to the vulnerable young women from Plan International Nepal’s target districts of Parbat, Myagdi and Baglung in Province 4 overseeing partner management remotely from the Country Office in Kathmandu. The SOYEE TA will play a key role in developing and facilitating private sector actor’s engagement to achieve the specified outcomes of the project. The position holder will be the focal person for the smooth implementation of the project. The position holder will also oversee the ongoing Kathmandu Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship project and define the next phase of this and other SOYEE projects implemented by Plan International Nepal.
The position holder will lead the design and implementation of Plan International Nepal’s SOYEE program in alignment with Plan International’s global results framework under the Area of Global Distinctness (AoGD). S/he is responsible for the delivery and the achievement of agreed outcomes in accordance with the program design. S/he is responsible to achieve a rights- based, gender transformative and inclusive program. The position holder will also support influence work approach in program implementation, ensuring efficient technical support to the partners and field team. S/he is responsible for contributing innovation and ensuring lessons learnt are constantly integrated in program interventions, thus continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness. S/he also supports the Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment team at the national level through networking, representation and influencing.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s Degree in development-related field, preferably, Social Sciences, Business development, Development Studies, Gender & Development with 2-3 years relevant experience in of TVET, Livelihood and experience of coordination, liaison and networking with private sector organizations in specific tourism and hospitality sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in development related sector with 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2-3years’ of relevant experience in the sector of TVET, Livelihood and experience of coordination, liaison and networking with private sector organizations in specific tourism and hospitality sector.
- Good knowledge and experiences of market analysis and job placement
- Experience in capacity building, training and facilitation to partner organisations
- Commitment to children’s rights, particularly on the rights of girls and young women and men.
- Proven knowledge of youth employment issues and contemporary practices in Nepal, Asia and across the world
- Clear understanding of governments policies, programs and priorities related to youth employment
- Understanding and knowledge of government private sector policies and programs in vocational/skill training and job placement
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge & understanding of Plan’s vision, mission values.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of gender transformative agenda and its application in the rural context.
- Understanding project development and management in participatory process.
- Conflict sensitive project management.
- Different options and possibilities of program and financial operations.
- Operational planning & execution
- Analysis & reasoning
- Managing work relationships ( internal/external)
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking
- Persuasion and ability to influence
- Ability to problem solve, handle setbacks and pressure
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications
- Ability to ride two-wheeler in remote and mountainous part would be preferred
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority from minority and youth groups for this position.
Deadline: 13th Nov, 2021