Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Advisor – WASH . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Technical Advisor will provide technical expertise in delivering Plan International Nepal’s strategy on WASH with especial focus on partner capacity building and regional office support. The Technical Advisor will closely work with STA in designing and monitoring projects related to WASH program. S/he will also be responsible for capacity development of Plan International Nepal and its partner staff on WASH, climate resilient WASH, WASH in Emergencies (WASHiE) related projects.
The primary scope of the Technical Advisor- WASH is to ensure high quality delivery of program and influencing through field offices and partners. The Technical Advisor (TA)- WASH will guide and provide technical expertise in developing Plan International Nepal’s strategy on protection and safeguarding children and young people through programming and policy implementation with focus on WASH. S/He will guide and provide technical advice and support to field teams and partners in WASH programming. He/she will work very closely with the HR safeguarding focal point to ensure that safeguarding of children and young people are reflected and adopted during program and policy implementation. S/He will monitor the WASH program as per the Country Strategy and M&E framework.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering on water, sanitation, hygiene, engineering, public health, or relevant field with 3-5 years of proven experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant sector with 5-7 years of experience in WASH sector.
- Experience in research in climate resilient WASH and WASH development issues.
- Demonstrated experience of working in humanitarian context with focus on WASH.
- Essential Experience of working with coalitions, government stakeholders, clusters, AIN working groups and networks (especially at federal level).
- Experience of International and National WASH program, project and policies including government plan, policies, guidelines, SoPs etc.
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, girls, women and families.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development.
- Strong and proven experience of capacity building of multiple stakeholders, implementing partners on WASH and related projects.
- Experience of conducting innovation in WASH sector.
- Experience of engineering design and technical supervision of WASH facilities in schools, health facilities, communities etc.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Advanced understanding of the humanitarian, development and NGO sector with focus on WASH.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National WASH program, project and policies.
- Knowledge on exploring and initiating organizational learning on WASH in education, health, Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH), WASH in Health Care Facilities, hygiene behaviour changes.
- Knowledge of preparing Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) materials related to WASH sectors.
- Knowledge of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming for humanitarian context. Skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills;
- Good communication skills in written and verbal English and Nepali, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Excellent skills in writing, producing excellent monitoring and programme/project reports for wider audience.
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Microsoft office package, Geographical Information System (GIS), AUTOCAD, tools etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change. The country strategy (2023-2028) is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
Application Deadline: Sunday 11th Aug, 2023