DWSSM – UNICEF announces vacancy for WASH MIS Expert. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The duration of the contract will be for eight months (25 working days per month). The contract is expected to commence from 1 July 2019 to 31 February 2020.
Objective and Tasks:
The overall objective of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the Department of Water Supply and Sewerage Management (DWSSM) in securing quality assurance of Local Government (Palika) level WASH Plan being developed with support from DWSSM, Palikas, UNICEF and other agencies so that to ensure harmonization in process, methodology and structure of WASH Plan, irrespective of variety of supporting agencies.
The above objective and the tasks are directly related to following outcomes and outputs of UNICEF Nepal Country Program Action Plan (2018-2022) as given below:
- Outcome No. 5: By 2022, children and their families have improved and equitable access to and use of safe and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, and improved hygiene practices.
- Output No. 5.3: Increased capacity to legislate, plan and budget to improve WASH systems, including mainstreaming disaster risk management
The above objective is also in accordance to the UNDAF WASH Working Plan:
- Outcome 2: By 2022 there is improved, equitable access, availability and utilization of quality basic social services for all, particularly for vulnerable people.
- Output 1.1.1: Sector Planning and Coordination: Increased WASH sector capacity to plan, finance and monitor sector priorities for meeting SDG goals and targets
Advanced University’s Degree preferably with civil engineering specialized in water supply / sanitary engineering, or Development Planning from recognized university.
Minimum five years of professional work at national level and experience on MIS, preferably on computer/mobile assisted survey (NWASH) and data management.
Technical/Social Knowledge and Skills
- Technical knowledge on WASH programmes
- Computer assisted survey and data management,
- Working with government, UN or other (inter)national development organization,
- Familiar with NWASH software of MoWS,
- Communication, working with people, drive for result, formulating strategy/concept, advocacy, negotiation skills.