Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Coordinator- Champions of Change (CoC) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
The position will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and reporting of the contextualization process of Champions of Change ( CoC). This activity is one of the key activities under under NRK- Child Not Bride (Telethon)project. This position is also responsible in ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the sub- activities under the main heading of CoC contextualisation maintaining highest technical quality according to the objectives and approach of the Champions of Change and the contextualisation guideline. The postion will closely engage in contextualisation of CoC curriculum and provide technical inputs as required. S/He will also steer the CoC technical committee formed to gather necessary inputs in the contextualisation process. Additionally, the position will provide technical guidance and support to partners regarding CoC implementation through Plan International Nepal in coordination with Plan’s regional offices and partner organisations.
S/he will be accountable for the quality implementation of the above task in alignment with Plan’s global strategies/standards and Country Strategy.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Educational qualification in the area of gender and social inclusion, Public health communication, digital health, health education, social science or related subject areas that are relevant.
- Bachelor degree with 5 years and masters degree with 3 years’ proven experience in the area of SBCC/content development related to social/gender norms, gender equality and SRHR.
- Demonstrated experience in handling SBCC projects preferably in SRHR, social norms and gender equality.
- Experience of working with children, adolescents, youth, CBOs, NGOs and GOs.
- Work experience with UN/I/NGO in similar capacity preferred.
- Proven experience of similar assignment during past work.
- Development of training contents, traning manuals or other related documents related to social and behavioural change communication ( SBCC).
- Project Management: planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.Critical thinking, analysis & reasoning
- Influencing people and pitching innovating ideas.
- Communicating both one to one and in groups in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Effective communication and coordination.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 6th June, 2023