WaterAid Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Officer – Beacon Project. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Purpose of Role
- Provide technical support to strengthen the Beacon team mainly to Technical Manager and NWSC technical team including Branch Manager of NWSC for improving networking of NWSC, designing, planning and managing the delivery of all service delivery related activities undertaken by WaterAid Nepal’s partner organisations.
- Support Technical team of Beacon initiatives in coordinating project development, planning, implementation and monitoring of all project related activities throughout the intervention of Lahan – targeted WASH project providing technical support and capacity building to identified agencies and stakeholders.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering, or relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role
- Knowledge in urban water utility
- Understanding of the WASH sector in Nepal, key stakeholders and critical blockages and opportunities
- Excellent skill in community consultation, organising group discussions with different and diverse group of people, field observation, interviewing with people and facilitating meetings internally and externally
- IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook and Autocad and WSS design software
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali language. Good proficiency in spoken and written English, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Experience of developing proposals and reports based on diverse donor needs
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines
- Experience of managing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Experience of working effectively within a culturally diverse and matrix organisation
Application Deadline: 17th Feb, 2021