WaterAid Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details
- Provide technical support to strengthen projects under Programme (UKAM-Bardiya)
- Support Programme Manager in designing, planning and managing the delivery of all service delivery related activities/components undertaken by WaterAid Nepal’s partner organisations.
This position will be a member of the WAN project team accompanied by Menstrual Health and Hygiene Coordinator and Policy and Governance Specialist from WAN along with a full partner project team in Bardiya district. The project team in the district will be guided and supported by programme team from Kathmandu comprising of WASH Programme Manager, BCC Specialist, Head of Programme and other functional team members.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar role
- Experience and understanding of working modality of WASH sector
- IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in WASH programme delivery and coordination of programme/project
- Good communication skills in written and verbal English and Nepali, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills and experience
- Excellent skills in writing, producing excellent monitoring and programme/project reports for wider audience
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
- Experience in research in WASH development issues
- Excellent skill in community consultation, organising group discussions with different and diverse group of people, field observation and facilitating meetings internally and externally
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines
- Experience of managing and supporting partner technical staff
- Experience of working effectively within a culturally diverse and matrix organisation
Application Deadline:12th of Feb, 2023