Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for WASH and Resilience Coordinator . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The position holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.
Education qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Environmental Management with 4-5 year demonstrated work experience in the field of WASH and infrastructure development system; and program development of government and WASH and infrastructure and program delivery
- Master’s Degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Environmental Management with 2-3 year work experience in the similar field.
- WASH, relevant Engineering, Natural/ Social Science.
- Sound knowledge on principles, policies and practices of water, sanitation and hygiene Program sector, infrastructure development program sector.
- Excellent knowledge on civil and sanitary engineering proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains.
- Work experience on local level partnership/coordination.
- Experience of working with coalitions and networks.
- INGO work experience preferred.
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing and team work.
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali
- Innovative and creative thinking with problem solving
- Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Report writing and documentation.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
- Advanced knowledge and experience on National WASH, school WASH, infrastructure development program and policies.
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development.
- Sound knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
Attitude and Behaviours
- Respect and promote marginalized people; men/women’s & Boy /Girls’ youth and young women and recognize their capabilities and ideas.
- Takes responsibility for social change, gender sensitive and transparent.
- Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality, diversity and multi-sociocultural and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience and learning to ensure high quality and result oriented work.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage team.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline : 22nd July 2020