UNICEF announces vacancy for WASH Coordinator – Achham. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Sanitation Engineering, Sociology, Rural Development
- Additional training in WASH, Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) focusing to WASH, an asset.
- Three years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government, NGOs or private sector in the sector.
- Good technical knowledge on the theories, principles and methods in the communication for behavior change,
- WASH in schools and health care facilities,
- Water supply projects management, appropriate water supply and quality technology, sustainability of water supply and sanitation,
- WASH planning and monitoring and evaluation.
- Community based sanitation hygiene education or latrine construction and solid waste management.
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programmes
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF/ Govt’s position and approaches.
- Financial, supply and administrative rules and regulations of UN/UNICEF and Government of the Nepal.
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing in English and Nepali and local language of Mid & Far-Western Nepal is an asset.
- Good computer skill in Excel, Words, PowerPoint,
- Have two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike is an asset,
- Candidates from working district will be highly preferred.
- Female, people from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 14th Feb, 2021