Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for WASH Specialist . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Providing guidance and technical support to area office and partner in planning, designing, budgeting, implementing and monitoring the 3 core strategies and activities of the project:
- Increasing demand for improved WASH facilities and practices,
- Increased availability of affordable and appropriate WASH products and services and
- Strengthen WASH governance and institutional framework field level Programme for enhancing gender transformative WASH, resilience of women, girls, children and communities.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Master’s degree in social science, community development or development studies or water and sanitation/environmental/engineering or relevant discipline, with substantial training in NWASH and worked experiences in NWASH system.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the area of and rural water, sanitation and hygiene is desired for this position.
- INGO work experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and experience on social aspect of WASH, behavioural change communication activity of WASH, total sanitation (TS) approach, Mensural Hygiene management, Schools, HF and public WASH facility and child to child approach and hygiene promotion through behaviour change communication.
- Principles, policies, guidelines and practices of WASH sector.
- Knowledge on project monitoring, data analysis and report writing.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 21st July 2022