Career opportunity at ActionAid (AAIN), a global federation in Nepal, invites applications for the position of Communication Officer.
Deadline for submitting application: 30 August 2017
The Communication Officer will ensure communication with the target audience, right holders, journalists, community and wider stakeholder of Community Led Reconstruction Program (CLRP). This position will support in creating quality communication outcomes which contribute to creating a unique and cohesive identity for AAIN
- Support in the development of strategic communication plans for CLRP to produce quality communication materials with the aim of raising the AAIN brand, profile and reputation
- Provide capacity development support to CLRP staff and its partners to improve the effectiveness of communication plans and practices
- Regular update of HIVE for information management, case studies, organisational events and other important documents and information
- Support in preparing the annual and periodic reflection and learning documents of CLRP
- Support to gather information for case stories and pictures as an evidence of CLRP reporting
- Lead in developing communication and other Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials of CLRP and ensure that these reach out to the targeted people and stakeholders
- Support the Head of CLRP and Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, CLRP to develop monthly communication updates
- Support to develop and maintain website, media strategies, photography and publication development
- Ensure effective library management
Key competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Development Studies or related field with three years professional experience in communication/ journalism or development work experience in the relevant areas
- Excellent reading and writing skill in English and Nepali including the ability to compose, edit, analyse and report information
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, team- building, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent computer skill including navigating email, internet, MS WORD, PowerPoint and graphic designing. Intermediate level videography skills
This is a mid-level position based in Kathmandu with frequent travel inside the country.
Candidates are requested to use the application form and job description, available at www.actionaid.org/nepal and send the completed application form along with an application letter with names of two referees by 30 August 2017 to [email protected]
Click here for more vacancies in I/NGOs and other development sectors.