ChildFund Japan announces vacancy for Area Manager. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Required Skills and Experience
- An advanced degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in social sciences, management, public administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in a management position, preferably in project management in international/multilateral development context and in the field of humanitarian assistance, education, or development.
- Experience in managing teams and complex projects/processes that included extensive communication, coordination, and facilitation requirements.
- Knowledge of ChildFund Japan operations and programs; familiarity with ChildFund Japan program execution rules and regulations is an asset.
- Experience in partnership building at international, national, regional and local levels.
- Fluent in Nepali and English and able to draft and edit project documents and proposals in both English and Nepali Understanding of current policies and legislation related to Japan’s institutional donors; and
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Program Director, the Area Manager supports the efficient operations of the project, facilitating the links between the donor, local government, and civil society.
The Area Manager is responsible for day-to-day management and decision-making for the project. The Area Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the workplan, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
In addition, the Area Manager will assist the Program Director in program management and overseeing the fulfillment of larger program goals giving detailed attention to program strategy, project delegation, program implementation and in drafting concept notes/proposals and reporting to donors and other key stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities will include overall project management with emphasis on the following:
- Be responsible and accountable for the overall management and administration of the Project, and the timely and quality delivery of all project outputs.
- Coordinate and clarify with officer in charge of the project in the donor agencies about the details of fund utilization policies based on the guidelines of the project implementation.
- Preparation of the project and financial reports (progress reports including the final report) in English, and their submission to the CFJ NO and to the donor and ChildFund Japan’s supporters as necessary.
- Preparing project proposals and related documents for donors and funding agencies.
- Developing periodic reporting requirements for submission to the donors and to the government of Nepal.
- Monitor project progress to ensure that it is in accordance with the timetable set out in the Project Document.
- Develop project implementation plan in coordination with project implementation partners.
- Organize and conduct meetings with potential project’s partners in order to define project’s objectives, results, activities and partnership.
- Maintaining good cooperation and coordination between national counterparts, project partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide substantive advice on key issues in the project delivery.
- Ensure that ChildFund Japan rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement and human resources are adhered to.
- Promotes identification and synthesis of good practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Codify and provide good practices and lessons learned, particularly linked to the areas of capacity development and national (economic, social and human) development.
- Support activities related to assessing capacities and needs of partners, in close collaboration with national counterparts at both central and local level.
- As required, prepare official correspondence and reports for national and international partners.
- Maintaining close cooperation with partners and institutions to ensure effective implementation of the agreed activities and delivery of outputs in a timely manner.
- Manage project team and consultants and facilitate team’s learning and knowledge sharing.
- Performing other duties as required by Program Director.
- Good communication, coordination, and facilitation skills
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of Project work.
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with the donor.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards
- Integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to build trust
- Ability to empower others and to manage their performance
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others
- Technical support: Technical knowledge and expertise in supporting ChildFund Japan’s projects
As a child-focused development organization, ChildFund Japan believes in the intrinsic value of each child that inspires and drives us to serve them by providing opportunity to develop their full potentials, making positive changes for their future. Since 2005, the work to support children was relayed by ChildFund Japan, which has been working in Nepal to help deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children, families, and communities through meaningful, sustainable solutions.
In partnership with local partners, the overall goal of this project is to improve the learning environment of disadvantaged communities in Dhading District by providing training to teachers and School Management Committee (SMC) members, Parents Teachers Association (PTA), raising awareness among parents and local communities, and strengthening linkage with the local government.
Application Deadline: 13th Apr, 2022