Non-Profit Organisation announces vacancy for Executive Director. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
One of our Clients in the development sector is recruiting an Executive Director to lead the next phase of growth and development of the organization, including implementation of a new strategic plan, program development and implementation, staffing, operational management and administration. S/he will represent the organisation with all external and internal stakeholders, including government, partners and funders.
The Executive Director based in Kathmandu, reports to the Board Chair and Board of Directors. S/he will play a critical role in providing overall leadership for strengthening the organizational business model and operating structure. Working closely with the Board Chair, Board of Directors, and the donors, the Director will carry forward the organisations’ mission and strategy and translate the values and expertise of leadership into an outstanding portfolio of programs. S/he will ensure that the organization’s vision translates into measurable goals and outcomes as well as develop key initiatives to enhance the organizational impact.
Established fifteen years ago, our client is a Nepal-based organization whose mission is to innovate solutions in rural health care through training and hospital support and advocate for their scale up.
The organisation is governed by a Board of distinguished Nepalese, and has a staff of approximately 40. Its core values include: share and care; excellence; integrity; and respect for the individual.
The organisation works according to several principles:
- Collaborate closely with the Nepal government – the main rural health care provider—and have a positive impact on government policies with an aim to improving health care for rural populations.
- Select strategic training cadres – which involves ‘task-shifting’ from traditional medical roles.
- Extend beyond training – to include workplace support and advocacy.
- Innovate—based on a growing body of research in the Nepal context.
Our client is seeking applications from qualified Nepalese citizens with a high integrity, a drive for results, demonstrable teamwork and other competencies as mentioned in the job description.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to the organisations’s mission. The candidate should have exceptional organisational and leadership skills, with an ability to effectively lead teams. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- M.D. or PhD in relevant field of health sector.
- 10+ years of executive leadership and management experience in a social service organization. Health sector experience in Nepal highly desirable.
- Proven ability to develop and design effective strategic plans for a non-profit organization.
- Should be able to build support with the staff and within a well-established Board.
- Creative thinking and an Innovative approach, able to both think outside the box and implement operationally. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Seasoned and astute executive, who will understand the organization’s history, mission and organizational structure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Contribute to the vision, direction, inspiration and motivation necessary to ensure client’s programmatic and operational success.
- Play a key role in the Board’s engagement, including organizing meetings, follow-up, and periodic learning and liaison initiatives.
- Exercise an accountable and decisive leadership style, providing training and support to all team members.
Supervise consultants and support staff, providing assistance and management in these areas.
- Evaluate and develop recommendations for visibility and serve as the key liaison with internal and external stakeholders. Cultivate partnerships to enhance the opportunities available to the client to achieve impact.
- Design, review, maintain and implement all operational policies and guidelines, presenting these to the Board for their input and approval.
- Work directly with other senior staff to facilitate open communication between programs and all related client’s stakeholders.
- Lead from a macro perspective, but manage the everyday details inherent in the start-up operations of a social and supportive Center.
- Oversee external and public presentations, program publications, dissemination and outreach strategies.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations and programs, driving professionalism and efficiency while simultaneously conveying the positive, strength-based approach of our client.
- Oversee and ensure the fiscal and administrative integrity of our client, maintaining the highest quality standards in the areas of Finance, Office Management, Information Systems Technology, Human Resources and Facilities and Property maintenance.
- Ensure accountability, ethics/integrity and professionalism of all staff. Recruit, motivate, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Implement board-approved agency-wide policies and procedures for Programs, Information Systems, Finance/Administration, Office Management, Volunteers, Recreation, Quality Assurance, Human Resources including staff recruitment, training and supervision, and Security.
- Oversee Quality Assurance, including agency-wide compliance with all relevant regulatory and safety protocols.
- Create and implement agency-wide evaluation metrics and reporting systems.
Deadline: 16th Mar, 2022