Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Finance Coordinator- STEAM ahead . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Title : Finance Coordinator- STEAM ahead: Showing Talent, Equality & Ambition of Marginalised children in Karnali.
The Finance Coordinator (STEAM ahead: Showing Talent, Equality & Ambition of Marginalised children in Karnali) will be responsible for the effective project finance management to ensure that project activities of implemented are at the best quality with the most competitive costs and they respond to CO, NO and GH Policies and procedures incompliance with donor’s condonation. Position is based on Dolpa under regional office-west (either in Partner office or other arrangement- to be decided).This position have effectively coordinate with Finance department of regional office west and Country finance team. Active coordination with relevant program team and other function is necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree with 1-2 years of related experience or Bachelor Degree with 2-3 related experience
- Proven experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues and foreign exchange
- Clear understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment ( in Nepal)
- Clear understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal, specifically post located districts of the country.
- Clear in-depth technical and practical knowledge and understanding of the relevant job domain.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, independent and strategic thinking;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline : 1st Jan 2021