Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Achieving gender equality, promoting gender justice, realizing girls’ rights and fostering an inclusive Society are core objectives of our work as an organization dedicated to child rights and equality for girls. This commitment is reflected in our Global Strategy 100 Million Reasons, our Values and Behaviors Framework and our Theory of Change. Plan International requires all the program to be gender transformative and the GESI Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that it is achieved in designing and implementation of programs at the three districts-Sindhuli, Sunsari and Makawanpur under the Regional Office-East. He/she will provide technical leadership on designing and delivery of gender transformative program in the field as well as Country office as required and ensure its implementation.
The GESI Specialist will facilitate the integration of Plan’s Gender Equality and Inclusion Policy across thematic programs thereby providing implementation and technical guidance to the program team at Regional Office-East. S/he will support for quality design, implementation and evaluation of programs to ensure the unique needs/challenges of women, men, girls, boys, and other genders, minority groups and persons with disabilities are identified and responded by our programs and that inequality is challenged wherever possible (transformative approach).
S/He will lead the coordination and implementation of Plan’s Gender Equality Self-Assessment (GEISA) action plan. S/He will enable and identify gender related training and capacity building areas to Plan staff, partners and government officials.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, development studies, social science, or relevant field with experience in managing and leading gender related programmes
- At least 5 years of technical advisory / program experience in designing, implementing and evaluating gender programmes.
- In-depth knowledge on gender and development issues along with hands-on experience of mainstreaming gender issues plan-international.org Role Profile 4
- Knowledge of advocacy and lobbying together with providing policy inputs on strategic gender mainstreaming
- Skilled in conducting gender analysis, assessments and developing gender sensitive methodologies for programme and related evaluations
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills with ability to multitask and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent command and proficiency in spoken and written English and Nepali languages
- In-depth understanding of the international human rights framework for development, key development issues, approaches and tools
- Knowledgeable about working in disaster management context and relevant humanitarian response
- Proven knowledge of latest debates, issues, research and practice in Gender & Child Rights programs and programme implementation in a range of contexts – local, national and regional
- Up-to-date and various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies
- Knowledge of the Nepal Government Policies, Program Priorities and Ministry of women, children and social welfare
Skills & Ability
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali, translating complex issues for a variety of audiences (e.g. general population and policy-makers).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to priorities and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
- Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality and diversity, and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience to ensure high quality work.
- Upholds and demonstrates Plan’s values and behaviours.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage team.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active plan-international.org Role Profile 1 listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: 3rd March, 2021