Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Office Driver. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Office Driver are as following:
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles and undertake field assignments as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ensure with Supervisor before running the vehicle about the de-briefing of the trip, destination, number of passenger travelling. Ensure that all passengers, Mercy Corps staff and others, wear seatbelts at all time when the vehicles are in motion.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs in coordination with Supervisor.
- Understand the operations and maintenance requirements of Mercy Corps vehicles in order to safely drive the vehicles.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance, files, documents and checklist with Mercy Corps policies/regulations and ensure on time submission of log-sheet to Supervisor.
- Ensure the vehicle annual registration and annual vehicle insurance are done on time.
- Responsible for monthly compilation and submission of logsheet, fuel consumption report to the Admin and Log Officer.
- Complete periodic vehicle maintenance checks according to schedule established by and agreed upon with the Admin and Log Officer.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to the Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure general management of all Mercy Corps vehicles in cooperation with the Admin and Logs Officer.
- Ensure all Mercy Corps Vehicles are in clean and in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Check the condition of the vehicle after each trip/routinely – report maintenance needs and problems as required to the Admin and Logs Officer.
- Adhere to the safety and communication protocol as advised by Mercy Corps standards
- Ensure all vehicle equipment’s i.e. tools, first aid kits, and spare parts, etc. are safe and in usable condition;
- Deliver and pick up materials and documents at offices and business as required by Mercy Corps staff and visitors, under the direction of the Admin and Log Officer.
- Assist, as required, with Admin and Logs Officer in the office daily workloads-utilities payment, meeting with official personnel and visitors as and when instructed by the supervisor.
- Exhibit proactiveness to carry out for any unforeseen works.
- Work extra hours as required by the office and often on weekends; flexibility allowed on other days.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members and community operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Program Participants
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging participating communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to respond as and when crisis and humanitarian situation engulfs. As an MC employee all staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Conduct themselves both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by their supervisor and or Country Director.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Reports Directly to: Administration and Logistics Officer- Surkhet
Knowledge and Experience
- At least School Leaving Certificate or Secondary Education Examination (SEE) pass.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in driving 4X4 vehicles.
- Valid driving license, renewed and experience driving 4×4 vehicles and well knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of routes, road situation, duty stations and driving experience in Kathmandu Valley and knowledge of route to Karnali Province and Sudurpaschim Provinces.
- Must respect and adhere the Mercy Corps MC-Nepal Safety and Security Management Plan and SOP for First Aids and Fire Health, Incident reporting, Vehicle Use Road Safety
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required.
- Responsible, trustworthy, and punctual.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in Nepali and English is desired.
- Ability to properly fill out log sheets is a must.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Expected to work beyond work hours and or on the weekends if required- allowed flexibility on the other days.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, girl’s education, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Deadline: 29th Jan, 2022