UNICEF announces vacancy for Provincial/ District COVAX Vaccines and Cold Chain Logistician Contractors (13). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Objective and Tasks:
The major objective of hiring the contractors is to support Government of Nepal in implementing NATIONAL DEPLOYMENT AND VACCINATION PLAN 2021 FOR COVID-19 at the Provincial and Local levels by ensuring there is no interruption in vaccine supply and cold chain is maintained at all levels. The contractors will be fully engaged in providing technical assistance through continuous capacity building of cold chain managers in provincial health logistics management center, provide regular verification of data on status of cold chain supplies and jointly monitor progress with the government counterparts. During the period, the contractors will be responsible to conduct onsite mentoring and coaching that will enable skills transfer and increased capacity of the government counterpart in managing cold chain activities. He/she will work with the Child Health Specialist and Child Health Officer in the Nepal UNICEF Country Office, Health Officers in UNICEF’s Field Offices and Immunization consultants who are already placed in provinces to coordinate and provide coordinated technical support in several work streams that fall within the area of COVAC Cold Chain Expansion and Optimization and Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) systems strengthening.
Education: University degree in engineering, pharmacy, health sciences, or a related technical field
Work experience: Minimum two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in supply, logistics and cold chain management. Specialized training in immunization supply chain software knowledge of socio-cultural practices and language in relevant province will be an asset.
- Good written and spoken Nepali and English language
- Good working relations with local authority and Health Offices very crucial.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, work adaptation in multi-cultural environment, proven ability to facilitate cooperation in a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision, seriousness about quality and timeliness of work.
- Current knowledge of development and technology in related field.
- Knowledge of the health system in Nepal is an asset
Application Deadline: 28th Jan, 2021