UNICEF announces vacancy for WASH Coordinator (2). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Sanitation Engineering, Public Health, Rural Development and Sociology.
- Additional training in experience in the field of WASH is an asset.
- Minimum of three years of progressive professional work experience in the in WASH sector.
- Good technical knowledge on the theories, principles, and methods in the communication for behavior change,
- WASH in communities, schools and health care facilities,
- Projects management, water quality monitoring, sustainability of water supply and sanitation,
- WASH planning and monitoring and evaluation.
- Community based sanitation hygiene education and solid waste management.
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programme.
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF/ Govt’s position and approaches.
- Financial, supply and administrative rules and regulations of UN/UNICEF and Government of Nepal.
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing in English and Nepali and local language of Sudurpaschim is an asset.
- Good computer skill in Excel, Words, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet use.
- Has two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike is an asset,
- Candidates from working district, Sudurpaschim and Karnali will be highly preferred.
- Female, people from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
As per the 2020-22 Multi Year work plan, UNICEF Nepalgunj Field Office has been providing technical and financial support to the local and provincial governments of Karnali and Sudurpaschim provinces for the socio-economic upliftment and protect rights of the children, mothers, adolescents and people of deprived communities through different sectoral interventions and WASH is major among them. The implementation of WASH programme has been going on smoothly in 24 municipalities (21 convergent and 3 standalone) in Sudurpaschim and Karnali provinces in technical support of Nepalgunj Field Office.
The Field office WASH team (two fixed term WASH Officers) has closely been providing possible technical support for formulation of appropriate WASH policies, establishment and strengthening of WASH structural mechanism and improvement of WASH facilities and services in 2 provincial government and 24 local governments (11 in Sudurpaschim and 13 in Karnali) and also managing field office level WASH sector business during regular and emergency situation as well.
The remote geographic terrain, limited road & air connectivity as well as poor internet access in most of the programme Palikas causing difficulty in timely technical support and effective implementation of WASH programme and sector related interventions. On top of that, global outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic poses additional challenges on effective implementation to achieve the targeted results in the remote Palikas of both provinces.
The year 2022 is final year of ongoing MYP and activities mainly declaration of water safe community, improvement of WASH facilities in Schools and Health Care Facilities are in high priority. Moreover, WASH component of Nepalgunj field office is comparatively larger in funding size which covered around 43% of allocated budget in 2021 and FO has already received required fund for 2022.
To complete the priority activities and targets of MYP (2020-22), additional supporting hands are highly required to ensure timely accomplishment of set targets, provide technical support to provincial and local governments as per the need, extend support for sectorial coordination as co-lead of the WASH cluster, information management, situation report updating and monitoring support in the field. Therefore, timely onboarding of vacant position of WASH Coordinator is essential and will be for 9 months (i.e. April to Dec 22).
Application Deadline: 25th Mar, 2022