The United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific (UNRCPD) is offering a six-month internship with our office in Kathmandu, Nepal. The last date for application is 4 August 2017.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduate and post-graduate students to get involved with UNRCPD’s work and to assist in the promotion of United Nations global norms of peace and disarmament.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring, researching and analyzing trends and developments in the area of peace and disarmament in the region;
- Draft background papers, communications and content for reports etc.;
- Assist in organizing conferences, meetings, workshops and other events on disarmament issues;
- Assist in administrative/logistical tasks related to operation of the Centre; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Experience in the field of peace and disarmament or a related area is desirable; and
- Experience with website maintenance is advantageous.
- Expertise and knowledge of conducting research; and
- Computer literacy, incl. Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel).
For more detailed job description and application procedure please visit https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=73597