Himalayan General Insurance announces vacancy for Head of Sales. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Objective and Responsibilities
- Be a leader, mentor and a role model for the Sales department.
- Develop a company strategy for the department in line with the HGI’s long term vision, implement it, evaluate it and take ownership of it.
- Maximize new business development opportunities
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with key customers and partners
- Generate a sales pipeline that supports the achievement of assigned sales targets
- Work effectively with and consistently influence company leadership and cross functional teams in pursuit of sales
- Ensure delivery against key performance metrics with a strong emphasis on new business sales
- Represent HGI in a professional as well as ethical manner
- Travel extensively across markets as part of this process
- Successfully manage a budget to drive impact and ROI on all sales activities
Required Qualifications of the Head of Sales
- The Head of Sales must have a master’s degree.
- The Head of Sales must have had at least 10 years of working experience in a sales position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment and handled a sales target of minimum 50 crores.
- A history of attaining or exceeding sales targets.
- Should have managed teams of 50 or more.
- Must have exceptional work ethic and the ability to work independently along with a strong desire to succeed.
- Solid business acumen understanding the complexities of business, organizations and customer needs. Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently and a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- For this dynamic phase, head of sales needs to be a creative, ‘out of the box’ thinker
- Strong project, networking and time management skills
- Digitalization is becoming more and more part of society and our customers hence head of sales must be technology savvy
About Himalayan General Insurance
Himalayan General Insurance (HGI)having completed 25 years in the industry is now in the process of planning and re-imagining itself for the next 25 years and beyond. As part of this dynamic and exciting process, we are looking for an equally dynamic an energetic person to head our Sales Department. Nepal has changed in the past two decades and so has the Nepali customer and we are looking for a person who will be engaged and excited to create products, provide the service and find new and innovative ways to serve this new Nepali customer spread across Nepal.
As Head of Sales for HGI, you will have to lead the existing team of HGI personnel spread over 27 branches and help them grow their business base. We have big ambitions for the future and national reach is our vision. You will have to work with the existing teams and build new teams to drive change which will accelerate HGI’s position in the insurance market and create a sales and growth mind set among our people. To drive this change and vision for the future, you will have to use your interest in Sales, the Nepali customer, along with your own entrepreneurial drive to enable HGI to expand its market with appropriation products, solutions and processes.