UNICEF announces vacancy for Beti Padhau Beti Bachau Field Mobilizer Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Social development, Sociology, Economics, or any other disciplines.
- Additional training in Result Based Planning, Monitoring, or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) as an asset.
- Minimum two and half years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the international development organization, national/Local government, NGOs, or private sector. Field work experience specifically social mobilization in local government preferably in Madhesh Province.
- Good Social mobilization skills,
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project mobilization, implementation programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for education, social protection,
- Knowledge on information management,
- General knowledge on social security allowance distribution mechanism and process,
- General knowledge on Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change adaptation,
- Good knowledge on governance mechanism in the current federal structure context,
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UN/ Govt’s position and approaches,
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Good in speaking/writing in English and Nepali. Language skill in Maithili/Bhojpuri will be an asset.
- Must have two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike is an asset,
- Female, from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates from Madhesh Pradesh and relevant district will be preferred.
The BPBB Field Mobilizer will directly report to BPBB Programme Officer and partially/technically to UNICEF Social Policy Consultant.
Objective and Tasks:
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide field mobilization to “The Chief Minister Beti Padhau, Beti Bachau” (Hereafter BPBB) campaign programme. The programme has been implementing by Education Development Directorate under Ministry of Social Development (EDD/MoSD). EDD has started online registration of girl child who born after Magh 1, 2078 B.S. The Field Mobilizer will facilitate and support in increasing awareness about BPBB online registration at the ward, palika and district level. Field Mobilizer will work closely with district, palika, ward level stakeholders and community to maximize program effectiveness.
Application Deadline: 9th oct, 2022