UNICEF announces vacancy for Beti Padhau Beti Bachau Programme Officer. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Social development, Sociology, Economics, or any other disciplines.
- Additional training in Result Based Planning, Monitoring, or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) as an asset.
- Minimum four years of progressively responsible professional experience in the UN or other international development organization, national/Local government, NGOs, or private sector. Field work experience specifically leading the team (at least one year).
- Good technical knowledge on the theories, principles, and methods in the communication for behavior change,
- Staff supervision, communication and coordination skills,
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for education, social protection,
- Knowledge on information management and data analysis,
- General knowledge on social security allowance distribution mechanism and process,
- General knowledge on social protection and Beti Padhau-Beti Bachau campaign programme.
- Good knowledge on governance mechanism in the current federal structure context,
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UN/ Govt’s position and approaches,
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing in English and Nepali. Language skill in Maithili/Bhojpuri is an asset.
- Good computer skill in Excel, Words, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Has two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike is an asset,
- Candidates from of Madhesh Pradesh will be preferred.
- Female, from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
The Programme Officer will directly report to EDD assigned Coordinator and technically report to UNICEF Social Policy Consultant.
Objective and Tasks:
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide technical assistance to “The Chief Minister Beti Padhau, Beti Bachau” (Hereafter BPBB) campaign programme, for the coordination with field mobilizers, BPBB team at Education Development Directorate (EDD) under Ministry of Social Development and UNICEF. S/he need to work closely with BPBB team and update monthly progress to UNICEF and supervise to the district-based field mobilizers. S/he will be responsible for the management of BPBB database of concern district of Madhesh Pradesh. The Programme Officer should also support social protection programme as per request and suggestion by UNICEF.
Application Deadline: 9th October, 2022