UNICEF announces vacancy for Dashboard Manager. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Technical Assistance to UNICEF Partners
Job Title: Dashboard Manager (one in Kathmandu)
Duration: 12 months
Background: In 2018, UNICEF supported Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP) in piloting the performance dashboard where the financial, logistic and health information can be seen and analyzed in a dashboard which will be helpful for planning and monitoring system of municipalities, provinces and federal level departments. This was piloted in two municipalities and recently the government has taken ownership and plan to expand in additional 15 municipalities. In addition, UNICEF has been supporting in strengthening HMIS system at the municipalities and provinces as a part of health system strengthening.
Objective and Tasks:
The objective of these positions to support Integrated Health Management Information System (IHMIS) mainly in two major areas as below:
- To support in the expansion and strengthening the performance dashboard which was piloted in 2 municipalities and plan to expand in 15 additional municipalities.
- To support in strengthening IHMIS system in seven Provinces based on the changed responsibilities of IHMIS section under the Management Division of DoHS.
This support to IHMIS section needs two sets of human resources and the major tasks of each set of human resources and their major area of work is given below:
Dashboard Manager (one): The consultant will be stationed in the IHMIS section and support the team in planning for expansion of dashboard in the municipalities, developing composite indicators, coordination with the ICT team, with regular field visits to Province and Municipalities, analyzing the data and develop presentations, etc.
Under the guidance of the IHMIS section, the tasks of the consultants include:
- Closely work with dashboard focal point in preparing expansion plan with a clear timeline,
- Coordinate with Provinces and Municipalities and support in orientation, training, mentoring, and coaching
- Work with the team of IHMIS section and the ICT team on composite indicators, analysis and prepare presentation and reports
- Support IHMIS section on integrated health indicators on HMIS, LMIS, financial and HR linking to performance dashboard
- Support to Provinces and Municipalities as guided by the IHMIS section
• Submission of monthly activities on dashboard expansion plan, orientation and training, Monitoring, mentoring, and coaching, development of composite indicators, analysis in the dashboard system and orientation of IHMIS team, review of the dashboard indicators with Provinces and Municipalities, preparation of province and municipality wise reports and presentations, support in research and studies.
Education: University degree in statistics, public health or related field of study, Biostatistician is preferred
Work experience: Minimum three years’ experience in data management, study and research, professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation. Specialized training in statistical software is an asset.
- Good written and spoken Nepali and English languages
- Good working relations with local authority and Health Offices.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, work adaptation in multi-cultural environments, proven ability to facilitate cooperation in a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision, punctual, and dedicated to the quality work.
- Technology driven, quick learner, sets of IT/computer skills.
- Knowledge of the health system in Nepal is an asset.
Reporting Relationship: The Dashboard Manager will report to the Chief, Integrated Health Information Management Section (IHIMS) or assigned focal person of IHIMS. The Public Health Officer will report to the Director of PHD or the assigned focal person and second supervisors in the UNICEF Country Office, Kathmandu- Health Section and UNICEF field office).
Working Conditions: The Dashboard Manager will be based at Integrated Health Information Management Section (IHIMS), DoHS, Teku and the Public Health Officers one each will be based at the provincial health directorate office located at provincial capitals of Nepal.
Application Deadline: 24th November, 2021