Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Finance Specialist – Budgeting & Reporting . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Finance Specialist budgeting is responsible to support the team for accurate annual budget preparation & consolidation, quarterly forecast consolidation, analysis of budget ratios in annual budgeting process and it’s modification. Support to finance manager budgeting and reporting for timely and correctly preparation of financial report, Financial Analyses, quarterly forecast budget preparation, cash flow forecast, balance sheet preparation and Project outline review etc.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, accounting/finance or a related field with 2-3 years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience of 3-4 years of experience
- Demonstrated experiences in Budgeting and reporting field
- Strong knowledge and understanding on budgeting control, and reporting principle
- Knowledge of financial management issues
- Knowledge on relevant Laws, acts and regulations of the country.
- Knowledge of SAP System is highly desirable
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and risk management techniques and the reporting requirements of major international donors
- Sound knowledge in Internal control system
- Budget development and spreadsheet maintenance
- Financial reporting analysis, initiative and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize, work independently, understand and apply policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English and Nepali language
- Strong computer skills – e-mail, windows, word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint
- Interpersonal skill, training and coaching skills
- Analytical thinking along with the ability to question the logic of information
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: Friday, 19th August 2022