WaterAid Nepal announces vacancy for HBCC2 Hygiene Response Project Manager. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Purpose of this role:
- Provide strategic and managerial contribution to implement HBCC2 Hygiene Response Project. Design, plan and manage the project activities with support from project team mainly mass media hygiene behaviour change campaign, community interventions for hygiene behaviour change including delivery of all service delivery related activities (installation of new and follow up of existing inclusive handwashing facilities) undertaken by WaterAid Nepal’s partner organisations.
- Masters in WASH related areas / engineering, or relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali language. Good proficiency in spoken and written English, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Multi year track record in advocacy, especially in research documentation and dissemination
- Understanding of the WASH sector in Nepal, key stakeholders and critical blockages and opportunities
- Confident in working with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally using tact and diplomacy
- Excellent skills in writing, producing excellent programme / project reports for wider audience
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Experience of developing proposals and reports based on diverse donor needs
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, articulation and presentation of finding from the monitoring and assessment studies to improve programme performance
- Excellent skill in community consultation, organising group discussions with different and diverse group of people, field observation, interviewing with people and facilitating meetings internally and externally
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines
- Experience of managing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Experience of working effectively within a culturally diverse and matrix organisation
Hygiene Behavior Change Coalition (HBCC) initiative funded by the DFID / Unilever had emerged with the global pandemic Covid-19 situation to strengthen the hygiene response. WaterAid Nepal (WAN) had implemented the hygiene response project that was primarily built on WAN’s existing hygiene work supported by water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities, services and policy interventions. The second phase of this project will continue to support the relevant governments to better respond to new variants of Covid and also for vaccine intake. The primary focus of Country Programme in the current pandemic as a WASH agency is to help respond to Covid-19 and enable critical WASH access for communities. The response will be for a 11-month period.
This document is job description to the Hygiene Response Project Manager for HBCC2 Project. This position is based in Kathmandu with extensive field visit to the project location (Bardiya district). This role reports to Head of Programmes (HoP). Based on this, Hygiene Response Project Manager – HBCC2, Grade – F, will have below responsibilities.
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2022