Save the Children announces vacancy for Microbiologist . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- MD or PhD in Microbiology or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in clinical microbiology especially mycobacteriology.
- Experience/expertise in molecular techniques and PCR
- Competency and demonstrated understanding of standard biosafety and biosecurity practices.
- A strong understanding of TB prevention, treatment, care and support program.
- Fluency in English (written and speaking) is essential.
- Able to work independently as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Contract & Supplier relationship management.
- High degree of negotiations tact and diplomacy skills.
About Save the Children
Save the Children International Nepal is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 20 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health & Nutrition, Education, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV & AIDS, and Humanitarian preparedness & response. Save the Children undertake a ‘Children’s Life Cycle” approach which seek integration in sub themes in each project to build towards program for the child. Throughout the life cycle, broader social and contextual issues of gender & social Inclusion, most deprived children with disability, child participation, social accountability and governance, are key cross cutting areas.
Save the Children adheres Safeguarding Policy, including its Child Safeguarding and Global Anti-harassment Policy, with high importance and commits rigorous procedure to ensure all our personnel and programs are safe for children. All candidates will be, therefore, subject to strict background checks.
Application Deadline : 18th June 2020