Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Senior Technical Advisor- Learn. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Senior Technical Advisor – Learn initiates, leads and provides conceptual and strategic direction for programme design, capacity building, quality insurance as well as technical leadership and support in matters related to basic education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE) program.
S/he brings specific technical expertise to the education and SOYEE program and ensures achievement of identified outcomes and impacts while incorporating relevant evidenced-based and cost-effective innovative solutions. S/he provides technical expertise to program reviews and ensures that any relevant lessons learnt are integrated so as to facilitate continuous improvements in effective program and influencing.
S/he leads program and partner’s identification as well as the development of proposals in collaboration with the Business Development Team while also providing adequate technical support to the Field team as part of the program design and project implementation. S/he works in an integrated manner with other teams in both the Country Office and Field Offices to ensure that Plan International Nepal’s programs maximise their positive impact for children and youth people.
Finally, s/he develops positive and trustworthy relationships and partnerships with a broad range of external stakeholders that have the potential to add value to our work and create positive disruptions to existing approaches.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in development-related field, preferably, Education, Social Sciences, Business development, Development Studies, Gender & Development Education or in relevant field with 2-3 years of demonstrated experience or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with of 4-5 years working in education, TVET, and networking with private sector organizations will be preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and experience of international and national education program, project and policies;
- In depth practical knowledge of inter disciplinary development issues affecting children, women and gender justice;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development;
- Advanced understanding of the development and NGO sector; and
- Essential Experience of working with coalitions and networks required.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority to candidates from minority and youth groups for the above position.
Application Deadline: 25th Jun, 2021