Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Advisor- Learn (Education). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Technical Advisor–Education (LEARN) will provide support to develop Plan International Nepal’s strategy and programmatic/influencing approach on education. The Education Technical Advisor will support the Senior Technical Advisor- LEARN in designing, implementing and monitoring education projects; focused to increase learning outcomes of early grade children via promoting child friendly learning environment, strengthen gender transformative & inclusive learning environment & system, improve STEAM based teaching & learning system, reduce disaster risk & climate change effect in schools and communities. The Education Technical Advisor will also be responsible for capacity development of Plan International Nepal and its partner staff on education.
Given this is a field faced position, Education Technical Advisor will primarily be responsible for quality implementation of education programme in field, provide technical support & guidance to programme specialists (LEARN), both from ERO & WRO, build the technical capacity of partners and, manage external relationship with government and like-minded agencies at province level. S/he will also engage with MERL team to generate evidences of Plan Nepal’s education programme and share them with STA-LEARN and other relevant personals within organization. S/he will also lead to start-up new education projects in field and support to develop project management tools; including Implementation Guideline, Quality Benchmark, Training Manuals, Beneficiary & School selection tools, etc. S/he will also support STA-LEARN to position Plan Nepal related to EiE at province & district level.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in education with at least 3 years of experience in education sector
- Bachelor’s degree in education with at least 5 years of experience in education sector
- Experience in designing / management and quality delivery of projects on education; especially regarding learning outcomes, early grade learning, child friendly learning environment, gender transformative & inclusive education and, school safety.
- Experience in development of advocacy strategy and policy advocacy on education.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of education
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors on education
- Experience in capacity development of project staffs
- Capacity to produce evidence-based, robust program design and public policy recommendations and positions.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of working in both development and emergency context
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system and specific to education sector.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children
- Experience of working for an international development organisation
- Operational planning & execution
- Analysis & reasoning
- Managing work relationships ( internal/external)
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking
- Persuasion and ability to influence
- Ability to problem solve, handle setbacks and pressure
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: 23rd Jun, 2021