Mercy Corps announces vacancy for HR Assistant. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in business administration with majors in HR from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 1 year, experience in Human Resources, Administration or Management is required.
- Prior knowledge of Labor law 2075 and HR functions is required
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in HR is required
- Experience in analysis of HR data, on- the – ground HR thinking and decision making.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with team member is required.
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required, preferably local languages.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
HIRING AND ONBOARDING
- Be responsible for implementing a transparent and balanced recruitment process including establishing the interview committee, setting up interviews, reference checks, preparing offer letters and ensuring the proper paperwork and procedures are in place and maintain Job/ Personnel files as per defined protocols
- Be responsible for the smooth and sound onboarding of all new team members in Mercy Corps Nepal
- Ensure that new employees / guests receive a welcome pack and other essential Mercy Corps information briefs. Ensure that the welcome packs are kept up to date.
- Provide HR induction to all new joiners as per the Orientation checklist
- Facilitates all paperwork of new hires including opening new, employee files and required documents and facilitating the PAF for their inclusion to payroll; responsible for all other documentation outlined in the Employee File Checklist (OIB)
- Be responsible for the smooth off boarding of all the separating staffs, ensure all the paper works are timely completed with compliance to MC policies and procedures.
- Facilitate HR outplacement support to the separating staff as per the requirement
- Be responsible for maintaining the Annual Performance evaluation tracker for all staff and sending APE reminders to staff as per their APE end date
- Be responsible for maintaining a probation assessment tracker and sending reminders to the staff as per the probationary end date
- Support the Supervisors and staff in completing the probation assessment and Annual Performance evaluation forms
- Ensure that all the changes related to APE’s are updated in the HR database, HCM and Salary schedule
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Be responsible for timely collection and review of monthly timesheets
- Be responsible for timely disbursement of monthly payroll and Salary schedule
- Ensure Salaries and benefits adhere to Mercy Corps salary scales and standing protocols
- Ensure smooth and timely administration compensation and benefits for MC Nepal staff
- Be responsible for tracking and updating leave balances and circulating the leave balance with team members
- Administer Medical and Accidental Insurance benefits
- Administer all health insurance issues including employee inquiries and communication with the insurance provider
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AND HR ADMINISTRATION
- Timely prepare and provide letters (contract agreement, contract amendment, experience etc.) to staff as per the requirement
- Ensure all new joiners are registered in the SSF
- Support staff in filling CIT cards and process for registration
- Update the record in the HR database and HCM that includes contract expiry dates, annual performance evaluation and personal information and all documents related to HR as per defined protocols on monthly basis.
- Update the Organogram on monthly basis to reflect changes in the staffing structure
- Make logistics arrangement for farewell to the staff as an when required
- Administer monthly communication Allowance to all MC staff and be responsible for any changes related to communications policy.
- Make Payment request for HR related expenses
- Ensure that all HR related paperwork, personnel files and other documents are complete, maintained and updated.
- Maintain appropriate records and ensure confidentiality regarding personnel activities and personnel data including employment documentation, evaluations, exit interviews and other relevant information.
- Maintain and report employee statistical data, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to response as and when crisis and humanitarian situation engulfs. As an MC employee, all staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities in such situations.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/ pay rates
- Ensure proper integration of GESI aspects into department/ program planning and implementation
- Ensure all HR activities adhere to Mercy Corps’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and beneficiary accountability standards
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: HR Manager
Works Directly With: Operations team, Finance team, Program team, and all HR related internal and external stakeholders.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, youth engagement, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction.
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2022