Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Sponsorship Manager . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Masters level in relevant sector with 3-4 years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science or relevant education with more than 5 years of proven experience
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in child sponsorships, web based child sponsorship systems/applications, out of which at least 2 years should be at senior level.
- Proven experience of community facilitation, organization and capacity building
- Proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains
- INGO work experience preferred
- Experience of working in coalitions and networks
- Coordination with national, regional and international teams/offices
- Use of information technology for innovations in child sponsorship will be an advantage
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing and team work.
- Excellent organisation and prioritizing skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali
- Innovative and creative thinking with problem solving
- Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Report writing and documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of child sponsorship, business development scenario and policies of the government in relation to INGO operation in Nepal
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families o Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
- Good understanding of the development, NGO sector and partnership modalities.
Attitude and Behaviours
- Respect and promote marginalized people; men/women’s & Boy /Girls’ youth and young women and recognize their capabilities and ideas.
- Takes responsibility for social change, gender sensitive and transparent.
- Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality, diversity and multi-sociocultural and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience and learning to ensure high quality and result oriented work.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage team.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline : 29th March 2020