UNICEF announces vacancy for the position of Program Assistant. Interested job seekers looking for career opportunity in UNICEF with Intermediate can apply for the position.
- Develops Education supply plan and regularly monitors it to ensure timely receipt and distribution of supplies to the end users.
- Monitors requisitions and POs/ Contracts to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with Program Sections/ Field offices and suppliers on supply matters
- Generates and compiles a variety of reports from SAP, Dashboard and others sources, and performs routine analysis.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Maintains supplier database and flies with files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines. Corresponds with Global Shared Services Centre, colleagues and vendors on vendor registration activities.
- Maintains vendor and reporting files with all required procurement documentation (registration forms, vendor evaluations, correspondence, etc.)
- Responsible for timely processing of payments to the vendors.
- Carry out administrative and operational tasks for program activities. This includes end user monitoring visits to project sites.
Required qualification and competencies:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to supply monitoring.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
- Competencies of Successful Candidate
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is a United Nations (UN) program headquartered in New York City that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in development countries. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects.
Click here for application procedure.
Application Deadline: March 5, 2018