Winrock International announces vacancy for Program Officer. Interested candidates with master degree in related field can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies or an interdisciplinary program with minimum of five years’ work experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects or Bachelor’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies with minimum of seven years’ work experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects;
- Extensive knowledge of renewable energy, water security, or environmental areas including policy and local stakeholder including through knowledge of the sector
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication in both Nepali and English, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship particularly interacting productively, proactively and comfortably with community leaders, government agencies, NGOs and private sector.
- Experience implementing and working on business development for donor-funded projects is highly desired.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications including word, excel, power point and outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize work
- Quick learner, team player and flexible
Essential Responsibility :
- Under the overall guidance of the team leader, and the immediate supervision of the Director, the Program Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for overall management, monitoring and implementation of projects’ activities as per the project document.
- Oversee the development, designing, coordinating and implementing of projects
- Assist Director in the development of multi-sector strategy for new business opportunities
- Prepare equipment specifications, drawings and detailed work schedules of projects if required
- Regular visit of project sites to monitor progress and coordinate field activities
- Prepare progress report i.e. monthly, quarterly, annually as per the project documents and submit to donors or partners
- Prepare, update and guarantee accurate documentation of the project, data of related project activities.
- Carry out energy surveys, feasibility studies, and cost estimations as per the requirement of projects.
- Lead, develop and carry out training programs, workshops, meetings as per the project document and participate if relevant workshops
- Ensure a continuous cooperation from all the stakeholders including local communities, enabling them to operate and maintain their systems and to solve community energy problems by utilizing their own resources.
- Provide quality inputs throughout the project cycle in wide range of Energy projects
- Ensure effective, efficient and sustainability of project
- Willingness to work in any other assigned Winrock Nepal’s tasks according to the specific need, demand and as assigned by REPSO Director.
- Recruit, coordinate and monitor consultants as required by the projects
- Coordinate, monitor, supervise the execution of project activities by the partners organization
- Maintain good working relation with partners and donors
- Coordinate with other related projects/programs in Nepal that has direct and indirect implications with Winrock’s projects
- Take collaborative initiative with stakeholders to maintain conducive working environment to implement the project’s activities
- Supervise other team members as assigned
- Ensure smooth coordination and communication between involved project stakeholders and with line government organization
- Assist F&A and REPSO Director to project expenses and cash needs for assigned projects
Click Here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2019.