Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Coordinator- Education for Girls Learn Equally. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
With direct supervision of Programme Specialist – LEARN, this position is responsible to oversee and ensure a high quality project delivery/ implementation of Girls Learn Equally project and achieve the set targets. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance and timely reporting. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to manage overall performance of partners under Learn programme at district level. The position will represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s; including government at municipal and district level and other stakeholders and likeminded organization. The position will also work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator of Regional Office East to enhance the capacity and skill of partner NGO on the sector of data management, capture the evidences and reporting.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in Education at least 4-5 years of experience in a Coordinator role including grants management.
- Master degree in Education at least 2-3 years of experience in related sector
- Experience in project implementation, partnership management, government engagement, designing / managing of integrated Projects.
- Sufficient knowledge on Education sector of Nepal with current policies.
- Budget tracking and management.
- Experience in working on grant funder project.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of integrated Project.
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors.
- Experience in capacity development of partner staff.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system and their impact in education sector.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
- Operational planning & execution.
- Analysis & reasoning.
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations.
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications
- Willing to work under pressure and carry out multi-tasking
- Two wheeler valid driving license
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education & Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women so they are fully prepared for and equipped to adapt and thrive in a changing climate; both in development & humanitarian setting/ context
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: 23rd Jun, 2021