Felm-Nepal announces vacancy for Team Leader, Project ADHICAR. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective project cycle management of the EU funded ADHIKAR project, within the given timeline in the project agreement. She/he would be accountable for the successfully implementation of the project activities and over all the project during its contract period.
- Overseeing that the project abides to EU’s guidelines. Team Leader will be in crucial role making sure that all consortium members follow and understand the EU’s administrative and financial expectations and rules.
- Overseeing that the project abides to EU’s financial guidelines, among others procurement rules, monitors working hours and that the project abides national labour legislation, non-corruption abides and transparency, GAAP principles of accounting.
- Ensuring effective policy compliance given by the government of Nepal, especially SWC and concerned Ministries, during project implementation.
- Producing monthly progress reports, annual interim reports and final report.
- Leading and coordinating internal mid-term review process for project ADHICAR and documenting best practices used in the project management.
- Responsible for finance administration in collaboration with project’s finance admin person in PMU office and Country Office.
- Managing a team consisting of project staff from four partner organizations of the project consortium and s/he will have the main responsibility of overall project reporting to Felm Regional Manager.
- Ensuring that communication about the project takes places inside FELM and between partners.
- Actively overseeing that the activities are implemented as per project plan.
- Participating in Project Steering Committee meetings and ensuring smooth communication between the PSC and project staff. Including prompt and timely communication to the PSC chairperson of any major shortcoming. Acting as a secretary in PSC meetings.
- Offering support to Felm HQ EU focal point on various request from the EU Delegation.
- Regularly communicating with HQ focal person and ensuring that key messages, issues and challenges from the donor, PMU, EU team, government, and partners are updated to EU focal person at HQ.
- Consolidated annual workplan (including all consortium members).
- Developing log-frame based monitoring and evaluation plan and partner-specific M&E guidelines for the project ADHICAR.
- Drafting needed reporting and other formats, including end of activity report format, for internal reporting.
- Monitoring and supervision of the implementation of project ADHICAR activities.
- Leading the implementation of Yearbook publications and launching events.
- Complying GESI approach in the implementation of project ADHICAR, its documentation and reporting. Supporting the updating of TEP-materials and providing input where it is required.
- Networking and coordinating with Government line agencies, Policy makers and CSOs including media for proper rehabilitation of Ex-Haliyas in selected five districts of Nepal.
- Managing the day to day operation of the Project Management Unit in Dhangadi and managing project staff in PMU and Felm Office in Kathmandu.
- Preparing documents of revisions of the program activities and support to the consortium partners during that period.
- Ensuring annual audit – both finance and social audit, and participating in audit processes of the project.
- Planning and preparing for LPAC and CPAC meeting related to this project.
- Identifying potential risk at field level, and preparing mitigation plan in consultation with Felm Nepal CMT members.
- Any other project related tasks assigned by the country management team
- At least Master’s degree in management /project cycle management/ business administration/development studies/ social science/ or similar related subject.
- At least 7 years of similar experience in I/NGO setting with a minimum of three years’ experience managing consortium based project(s).
- Previous experience of managing EU funded project and good knowledge of EU funded project cycle management, and reporting practices.
- Good knowledge of development sector, in particular of that of issues related to Freed Haliyas and government policies, national and international practices related to their rights.
- Good knowledge of Rights Based Approach and Human Rights Based Project Cycle Management, Monitoring and Evaluation Practices.
- Excellent leadership, project cycle management, and team management skills suitable for field operations, and management of team at country office.
- Excellent decision making skills, proactive in handling the issues and have negotiation skills for efficiently and effectively implementation of the project.
- Good financial management knowledge and should be able to support partners and Finance Manger during the revision of the budget and ensure the activities are ongoing as per the approved activity plan.
- Should have good knowledge about decent work practices, team spirit, and respect to people of all origin and background.
Deadline: 31st Dec, 2021